Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Finishing 2009

Looking back on 2009, I have made a lot of growth as an artist and learned way more about publishing children's books than before this year. Some highlights of the year:

- I had the opportunity to do freelance work at Piggy Toes Press for about 6 months, which has grown me in many, many ways.
- I wrote my first children's book (all by myself!), illustrated it, and made it a book dummy that I sent out to publishers. (Still hoping to hear from them...)
- I found and refined my drawing technique for colored pencils.
- I graduated collete with a B.F.A. in Illustration!!
- I learned Dreamweaver all by myself and redesigned my website.
- I traveled to Israel! (Not artistic, but still very exciting!)
- I attended Illustrator's Day for the first time and was a winner of the Judges' Choice Portfolio Contest!

And there is SO much more...

It's been a great year of firsts, finishes, and transitions, and I hope for the same for 2010, except even BIGGER things....like being published, maybe???.... (fingers crossed!)

Look out 2010, Here I come!

No comments: