Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Goal - Part 1

I have made a goal to finish off the year. I want, nay, I WILL finish all 10 drawings for my new version of "The Ant and the Cricket", in color! I would have liked to get it all done and even make it into book form before Christmas, but I decided on this goal a little late. If I am doing the math right, I get 3 days to complete each image, which entails making the final sketch, color/value study, transferring the drawing onto the final paper and complete the final colored version. For each image I'll do the final sketch and color/value study in one day, and give myself 2 days to do the final drawing. I think it's do-able, but I have to stay focused and diligent.

So far I have 2 final sketches with color and value studies done for the first 2 spreads. And seeing as it's the 3rd of December, I'm on track!

I will keep you updated on my progress, so you can all help me stay on track!

I'm excited to end 2009 with 10 new drawings!


No comments: