Sunday, December 13, 2009

December Goal - Part 5

Cover sketch done (It's a variation on one of the spreads already in the book)! That's my last sketch!! YAY! Now I can start on the final drawings. EEK! It makes me a little nervous whipping through these drawings so quickly, I've never done this before! But I think it will be good for me to just do it.

I've been asked by a few people if I'll be submitting this to anyone or maybe self-publishing it when it's done...I don't know yet. It's a 16 pages book, which really isn't standard for children's books. Plus, illustrators usually don't complete all the drawings before sending a dummy to a publisher. Maybe I'll do a second Aesop fable that's another 16 pages to make a complete book...who knows? If nothing else, I'll have 10 more illustrations for my portfolio, which isn't a bad thing! Any thoughts or suggestions on where you think I should go with this project?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hey Lady! The Ant and the Cricket look DARLING. Great job on the sketches, and I can't wait to see the finishes!!! I am sure they are gonna be awesome...