Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goals for 2015


     To follow the tradition I started last year, I am posting my artistic goals for the year in the hope that I will be held more accountable to accomplish them. I will most likely set more goals than I actually have time for, but it is a list to strive for. I'd rather give myself more goals to meet than not enough, and not challenge or push myself. So here goes:

  • Complete 3 major book projects. These projects are already scheduled, it's just a matter of prioritizing and using my time responsibly. 
  • Creating personal work. I am happy with the amount of personal work I did this last year and I would like to match that, if not exceed it. I still have several ideas floating around my head and in my sketchbook. It's time to bring them to life!
  • Make a Picture Book Dummy. I have a story written that I am happy with. Now I just have to sit down and make it a book! I have done one dummy before and I went way too far with it. This time I want to keep it simple and just get it out there!
  • Write stories. This one always seems to be last on my list of "things-to-do", and I need to make it a bit more of a priority. Even if I don't write anything worth taking further than a rough draft, I still want to get story ideas out  and let them develop.  
  • Exposure. I have recently started an Instagram account and now that I have a smartphone it is a lot easier to post things "on the fly". That's what I want to do! There are also people I need to "keep in touch" with, and I don't want to loose those contacts! This will keep me busy with creating new art to send them occasionally. With that said, I also want to make sure I send out postcards several times this year. 3-4 times is always good!
  • Draw kids, kids, kids! I have started drawing them a lot recently to improve my skill in this area. I want to continue to do this until I feel REALLY comfortable drawing them. I also have a few portfolio pieces in mind with more kids too. 
Happy New Year! Tell me your goals for the new year, and we can keep each other accountable!! 

No comments: