Thursday, November 21, 2013

Stone Soup - ReadingA-Z.com


What does the fox say?...

"I will make stone soup for everyone!"

At least that's what the fox says in my latest project...Ok, Ok, enough pop culture, back to art!

I had the privilege of working on a Leveled Reader book for ReadingA-Z.com based on the old folk-tale Stone Soup. I actually hadn't ever heard of the story, so I looked it up and read it for myself. This version is, of course, a very simplified version of the original and the best part is that all the characters were animals! My favorite!!

I created 8 illustrations total, one version in color and another version in black and white line art so kids can color them in themselves. Such a fun idea, AND I found a brush I like in Adobe Illustrator that is fast, easy, and pressure sensitive! SCORE!

The book will be released in February of 2014 through ReadingA-Z.com. Sign up and get this book and SO many more for your young readers at home or for school.









1 comment:

lindsey said...

I LOVE the one on the stairs. gorgeous! What a fun project- great job Lauren.