Friday, July 27, 2012

Promotionally Ready For The SCBWI Summer Conference!

I'm ramping up and getting organized for the SCBWI Summer Conference next week. I wanted to have a fresh look to my "brand" before I went this year, so I updated my website with some cleaner colors, new illustrations, better organized pages, and a new "Books" page with more information about each book I have done. I also figured out how to add an image slider to my home page to keep people updated on Works in Progress and upcoming events going on with my work.

See all the changes at www.laurengallegos.com!

I got Business cards to match my website. Same basic design, but a little cleaner this time.

I also made new postcards to reflect my latest work. It works perfectly that I did some images that have to do with sending and receiving mail. I couldn't have planned it better myself!


And finally, I made a whole new portfolio to present at the Portfolio Showcase. This year I went for clean and professional. Simple black pages with white border. Black cover, and a convenient card holder at the back. Hopefully this will be a good way to highlight my artwork and abilities instead of trying to sell them on the portfolio itself. At least I know if they don't like it, it's not because I turned them off by the presentation. That's the last thing I want! The goal is to make it easy and convenient for the viewer to scan through the portfolio and focus on the artwork inside.




So I've got all my promotional materials ready to go. Now I put a smile on my face and give everyone I meet a firm, confident hand-shake. I can't wait to reconnect with art friends and be inspired to continue on with the work I'm doing, as well as work on new ideas that come to me and bring back old ideas that I think have potential.

Off we go! See you at the conference!!



No comments: