Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cafeteria Logos

Here is a look at a project I've been working on lately. I'm working with someone who promotes nutrition and fitness in schools and he has developed a project to create signs to hang in cafeterias for different food lines. For example, some schools offer Mexican Food, Chinese Food, Italian Food, and a Salad Bar. So the kids can pick what they want for lunch that day. It's kind of in the spirit of having a food court with lots of options instead of a cafeteria with only one option. So essentially, I will be creating logos for each "restaurant" the cafeteria has. So they will have a bunch of logos to pick from, but if they want something custom, for example, something with their mascot incorporated in the design, I can do that too.

It might sound kind of complicated or weird, and you're probably right, but I'm excited to see how it all works out! This is going to be a long term project so you'll probably see more of these designs in the months to come. But for now, here are a few that I thought turned out well. These are custom designs for a school, so it didn't have as much say in the design, but I like the way they turned out. I'm starting out with rough sketches to get the idea worked out. Then I take the final sketch and recreate it in with vector art. If there was any way I could make these with traditional art, I would, but these are going to be rather large signs, so blowing them up will not look good. With vector art, you can resize it to any size and it won't effect the quality of the image. This project will definitely give me good practice with making vector art! That's for sure!

2 comments:

Laurie Young said...

Very nice and very creative!

Annie said...

This look rich! Great job!