Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Print Store - Coming Soon!

I have decided to make my own print store for my website. I have been hesitant to do it because it could potentially be a lot of work (assuming lots of people buy prints!) trying to print, package, and ship everything myself. So I considered setting up a store on a host site (like fineprintamerica.com or etsy.com) but they usually have an annual fee, they take part of the commission, and I can't check the quality of the prints. SO, since I like to control everything...I MEAN....umm...since I want to make sure customers get great quality prints, I am going to run my own store. I think it will be a great opportunity to grow in my understanding of the business side of my work (which I'm really not too fond of, I'd rather just draw all day!).

I am currently working on how to organize the store, how to receive payments, deciding which prints to sell, and so on, so it will be awhile still until the store is up and running. But keep an eye out for updates on my progress...it's coming soon!

No comments: