Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kobee Manatee: Cover

Kobee Manatee front cover is finished! Come with Kobee and his friends, Pablo the Hermit Crab and Tess the Seahorse, as they adventure from the Northern Atlantic Coast down to the warm waters of Florida.

This painting was a bit of an experiment to try a new process. I blocked in all the colors digitally and then printed on Bristol paper and painted over that. I believe it made that painting process a bit quicker, so I think I will continue trying this technique for awhile. Always looking for ways to make the the creative process quicker without compromising quality.

Interior sketches are finished and will start painting those soon. The book should be out by next summer!


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Looks great Lauren! As always :). I can't wait to see the rest...