Monday, January 9, 2012

Vulture Verses Covers

Oh, hello. I haven't seen you in awhile! I've been crazy busy getting work done for a deadline at the end of January. I need to complete a painting a day to finish on time. But since I haven't posted anything in FOREVER and I was so excited to have finished a few paintings, I thought I'd take a few minutes to share what I'm up to.

I'm currently working on 3 books. Vulture Verses, a book from a small publisher in Pasadena is my first one. I started it in October. I just finished the paintings for the front and back cover last night, so here they are. The text colors will likely change, but probably not too much. Next I will start on the interior paintings. I'll post a few of my favorites as I complete them. I'm illustrating AND designing/laying out this book, so it's really exciting but a lot of pressure! The book will be out this Fall!

The oh-so-sweet and creative Diane Lang wrote all the poems in the story. Check out her website!



I'm also working on a middle-grade chapter book cover. I have to squish it into my painting schedule this month. I'll finish sketching it in my in-between times when I'm prepping canvases and such. I'll be posting that as soon as I get the ok.

3 comments:

Katie McDee said...

Wow, you are busy! This cover look fantastic! I love it! Can't wait to see more :)

Annie said...

These look great lauren! so much vibrant color

Annie said...

Wow wow wow!!! You really are an inspiration. Great composition and layout and of course, great color and characters. You're amazing!