Monday, March 23, 2009

The Mice of Cobblestone Lane

Here is an illustration for the story I'm working on with my friend (Same story that the character sketches below are for). Something I need to work on and experiment with it my process of the medium I use. At first, the colored pencil goes on real nice and vibrant but after a few days the whole thing gets kind of faded and it loses it's vibrancy. I think there might be some kind of chemical reaction going on between the paint and the colored pencil....or something...I'm not really sure. I have tried a matte finish to put over, but that didn't really work. I will have to try and experiment with a few more things so my drawings will be preserved well!

3 comments:

Mike Straser said...

Wow, you have really come a long way. I think this is one of my favs. Nice lighting, and clear focal point. Keep up the good work!!

Annie said...

This is the bomb diggity.

BrandoAbba said...

I really Like this one!! great BG!! :))